You must wear your aligners for up to 22 hours daily. You may remove them for eating, drinking and regular oral hygiene.
No. Unlike braces, you may eat whatever you like as long as you remove the aligners before eating. Prior to placing the aligners back on, it is important to brush your teeth and the aligners after you eat.
Like any orthodontic treatment, there is a short adjustment period. The more you speak with the aligners on, the quicker you will adjust.
There will be some pressure and minor discomfort for a day or two after each initial insertion. This is a sign that your teeth are moving sequentially into their final position.
It is recommended that you remove your aligners prior to chewing gum as the gum will stick to the aligners.
We discourage smoking with aligners as the cigarette smoke will tend to discolor them.
Brushing them with toothpaste will keep them fresh and clean.
Regular office visits are every five to six weeks. This will ensure that your Invisalign treatment is progressing as planned.
All orthodontic patients are instructed to wear their retainers at night indefinitely. Sleeping with your retainers in at night will ensure a healthy bite and maintain the new position of your teeth.
Treatment time varies depending on the severity of the misaligned teeth. Treatment time can be shorter than traditional braces, between six and 18 months.
Yes, if their teeth, including second molars, have grown in completely.
- Wear aligners 22 hours each day; 7 days a week
- Only remove aligners to eat and brush/floss your teeth
- During meals and brushing place aligners in a retainer case. We recommend you always have one with you
- Switch to your next aligner on the evening of your 7th day
To keep aligners clean:
- Brush aligners with soft bristle toothbrush and water every time you brush your teeth. You may use Listerine/Scope mouthwash to brush your aligners with as well.
- You may also soak your trays in a mixture of water and mouthwash while you are eating, helps keep aligners fresh.
- Remember to use your chewy every time you place your aligners back in your mouth, helps assure that your trays are all way seated over your attachments.